Thursday 6 February 2014

Let's get some art up.

There's nothing much in the future nursery yet so I thought I'd make a few little art pieces for the wall. After all I want to make lots of the nursery features since handmade items are just more special.
I really wanted to praise God for the baby inside of me in some nursery artwork. A favourite verse of mine that has encouraged me is from 1 Samuel 1:27 " For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him."
I decided to make some artwork that reflected this using a thrifted embroidery frame, fabric from a thrifted top and some felt I had lying around using the technique I used for the felt artwork in our hall.
It's just a special little something for the new room. I am considering hand sewing it in place later but for now the glue is holding it fine :-)
Also in 2008 I went for a holiday with two friends to Phuket, Thailand and had an incredible time. I bought a stitched giraffe tshirt as I have a thing for giraffes. When clearing out my wardrobe (to just leave clothes that fit my increasingly growing belly), I realised that the giraffe would look awfully cute framed and in the nursery.
For the frame I bought a cheap canvas frame from cheap as chips for $5 and removed the canvas. Then I used a staple gun to attach the front of the t shirt. It is really important that the material is pulled tight. Now I have some more cute artwork for $5 and have turned a t shirt I was never going wear into something special.
 Now I only need to get a few more pieces of nursery art together  and work out the layout before I  can create a little gallery wall in the nursery.
Lisa x
P.s I'm linking up with 
We Like To Learn As We Go
Someday Crafts

2 comments: