Friday 28 February 2014

Crating storage.

I had a crate sitting around that I really wanted to update and modernise to fit in with our home decor. While the wood look is great, it didn't really work in our home and I wanted to smooth out the edges and just make the whole crate something more special. I have really learnt how paint can make a world of difference and while I'm happy to use xolours sometimes, I prefer simply furniture and bright accessories. For this reason I decided the crate would be white (china white to be precise).
before
This crate had already gone a little makeover (see here).  However to make it white I had to give it a good sand all over. Then two coats of paint later, it was almost finished. I want to use it in nursery to house toys, although so far I only have a soft baby block and a softie elephant. To make it easier to move around I added four little plastic caster wheels which were $8 from the local hardware store.



I also thrifted a gorgeous crocheted blanket in the perfect colours which looks perfect draped over it.  This room is really coming together and I can't wait till there is a little bub in their using the space ;-)
Lisa x
P.S My filing cabinet got featured on Roadkill Rescue- check it out here!
P.P.S I'm linking up with
The Taylor House
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Bloom Designs

 *update: I had one more crate lying around and decided to try turning it on the side this time and filling it with the dog's toys for easy access...she's loving it :-)

 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute project! Love this! Would love to have you visit me sometime :)
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete