Thursday 8 November 2012

Generosity, a story.

I am continually blown away by the generosity of people around me. I am just overwhelming reminded of how God provides more than we need and feel inspired to get out there and do the same.
There have been multiple examples recently but one has stood out to me.
I was at a garage sale (surprise, surprise) and collecting up a stash of goodies in the corner to buy and take home. I joked to the lady next to me, "I'm a craft addict, I can't help myself."
I bought the items and was loading them into the car when the lady came up to me. She asked me if I liked painting and of course I said yes. Then she explained that she had some paints at her home that she didn't use and would love to give to someone who would use them. Would I like to look? Oh yeh!
She lived next door to the garage sale so we went in and she opened a giant draw stocked full of fabric paints (which can also be used on wood, metal etc) and proceeded to put all the paints in green bags and just give them to me.
To get an understanding of the extend of paint and painting related supplies... ( there are three boxes this size full)
How kind was this lady so just give hundreds of dollars worth of paint and such to a complete stranger?? Needless to say I was ecstatic and have supplies for craft projects galore and paint in every colour imaginable which is especially brilliant considering I live in a small country town where supplies are hard to access.
I can't wait to share the new projects I've started using my new supplies.
Have you ever been blown away by the generosity of a stranger? I want to be that person to a strangers too!
Lisa x

2 comments:

  1. How amazing! That was such a generous gift. I bet you'll put the paint to good use :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've already started many a paint project :)

      Delete